List all Google Classroom Groups With Scripts
Sometimes it’s nice to check in and see who is using Google Classroom across your Google Apps organization.
The script (which was adapted from another blog here) will allow you to create a spreadsheet with a full list of classes taught by everyone in your organization.
It will also show you the:
- -Teacher Name
- -Creation Date
- -Enroll Code
- -Number of enrolled students
In order for the script to work properly, you’ll need to set up a few things:
- Visit Google Scripts
- Under Resources, choose Advanced Google services
- Turn on the Admin Directory API, Google Classroom API, and Drive API
- Click the Google Developers Console link in the same dialog from step 3.
- Find and enable the Admin SDK, Drive API, and Google Classroom API
- Click the Run button to execute your code (the black triangular icon).
- Now if you visit your Google Drive, you will have a new Sheets file named Google Classroom Listing / Count
(if you have a large number of teachers/classes, this file may take a few minutes to populate)
- You can rerun this script from script.google.com any time you would like to update the list of classes and/or the number of students in each class.
- Coming soon: View a list of the students in each class